Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The biscuit's back!

Before I begin my biscuit story - if you're wondering what I mean, see this post for relevant definitions. [law school's getting to me!]

After barely making it thru writing at 9am [which was highly amusing coz the Prof. can be a real pistol sometimes!], and contracts [which took alot out of me] I proceeded for what I thought was my third class for the morning. I went to G18, and it was empty - hm, I thought. I wonder why. Oh yeah, todays a make up session - so class is in G20. Wait, I don't know anyone thats sitting in that classroom. Odd, I wonder where class is. Now, there aren't really alot of options at this point - and I basically start walking around in circles with a look of sheer confusion plastered across my face. Where IS my class!?!? I run into several non-1L's that look at me like I'm crazy, the few that know me are like - you look confused? Whats wrong? what are you looking for? Without even thinking, I'm like - I can't find my class!

Now, considering that we've just begun week 8 - it does seem a little odd that one is not aware of the location of her class. In fact its borderline disturbing, so obviously I was looked at like I was seriously losing it. I might as well have worn a sign saying - "I'm a 1L, and I've officially lost my sanity." And for a second, I really did believe that I had lost it.

Its scary. I find myself analyzing everything, and defining everything - well what EXACTLY do you mean when you say its an alfredo sauce? No, white and creamy is not sufficient. I've found myself citing my sources when I write emails, and in fact researching before I begin emails. When I empty my pockets for the day, rest assured that there will be at least one highlighter, a pencil and flags. Unfortunately, none of this insanity is helping me in the classes that really count! Is this what law school does to you? I suppose that was a part of the bargain.

As long as it pays off, I don't mind dealing with a little insanity.

**SIGH**

2 Comments:

Blogger ac said...

did you ever find your class? i'm on the edge of my seat!

4:30 PM  
Blogger zai5h said...

oh yeah, i actually didn't have the class that i thought i had. makes it even scarier!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home