Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Who's counting?

For those of you who never noticed it, I used to have a site-counter on this blog. It was a pretty nifty little thing - although kinda scary too! It picked up the IP address that you log on from, and tracked how long you lingered. Of course you can't really tell anything from an IP address - except the city, state, country ... so I could pretty much guess who was reading what, unless of course you're one of those shady people who didn't leave much of a trace :)

Anyway, I "used" to have a site counter - I've taken it off because I realized that it bothered me to know who was reading what I was writing. At first it was only a few close friends and I didn't mind that - but now that I know other people are reading too, I'd prefer not to look at an IP address and say - hm, do I know anyone in Kalamazoo? (no, I don't) I wonder what they (you) think of what I wrote - did I reveal too much about myself? I wonder if I was PC enough, did I make sense? I feel like I reveal alot about myself on the blog, and basically - I don't want to care who reads it, and getting rid of the only way I can tell who-reads-what seemed to be a logical thing to do. So if you want me to know you're reading, and what you think ... share it in a comment. Else - I'm trying not to care.

This is one of a series of psychological games that I'm playing to trick my mind into forming coherent thoughts again. I pray it works ... writing's always been an outlet for me, and not having that outlet is really trying.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back to reading your blog again,now that I finally got internet :)

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home