Monday, June 06, 2005

its the time to disco :)

So, today was the day I danced. Actually, today was the day that I practiced for the day that I dance. OH MY LORD - SUCH A LONG LONG DAY! They just seem to be getting longer ... I've only been here for two days and it feels like a week!

Headed out to Westchester to meet up with our third dancer and practice at her house - of course in true desi style, no gathering - regardless of whether it is three people or thirty - is ever complete without eating some good ole home cookin'. SO of course we ate for like an hour, hehe - just kidding - we were actually productive. practiced the dance, inshaAllah we'll have it together for Friday. if not, ah well - whatever. Spent FIVE hours practicing, but it was fun -- not my favorite afternoon activity, and i'm really not thrilled to be doin' it - but now that I've incorporated some of my ideas into it, its not that bad ... I can't complain ;)

My task for the next couple of days will be to figure out how to edit and combine the songs [we're doin' a medley] correctly so that it doesn't sound like i strung a bunch of a-track tapes together with glue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Btw, the DVD of this dance will be availabe online - for $50 per copy :) this is going to the "Zee wants to have a really good time in India" fund :)

Mom made butter chicken for dinner, but since we ate all day, I couldn't justify eating a second dinner ... so I'll be dreamin' of butter chicken. mm mm good. Speakin of Mom -- she needs to use the comp, so I'm out -- I know all of this is really really random, but heck its late - I can't possibly make sense. One day inshaAllah ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home